Strengthen UU organizing in Massachusetts
- Invite Laura Wagner, Executive Director to lead worship service at your congregation. UU Mass Action will collaborate with you and help you to strengthen your congregation’s social justice team. Contact Laura Wagner: email@example.com
- Donate to UU Mass Action: Click HERE
- Donate your congregation’s share the plate contribution or take a special collection and support UU Mass Action’s organizing work
Support Love, Oppose Hate
- If you see a person being harassed, support them. These links describe how you can take action
- Report what you witness
Call the new hotline set up by Attorney General, Maura Healey 1-800-994-3228
- We can come together in small group to process and to begin to plan. The Boston chapter of SURJ, Standing Up for Racial Justice, has created a draft template for hosting a house party to debrief the election with friends or members of your faith community.
- We need to fortify our grassroots freedom movements, particularly those movements that are led by people of color and Native people (for example Black Lives Matter, Cosecha, and the Water Protectors at Standing Rock) It is social movements – not only non-profits – that we must support. These movements deserve our money, our presence at actions, and our amplification of their message.
- Join the UU Mass Action First Nation’s Right Working Group. To join, contact: Lwagner@uumassaction.org Educate yourself bout First Nation’s History and colonization. There are many resources listed on our First Nations webpage
- Join UU Mass Action’s Black Lives Matter working Group. To join, contact: Shepard.firstname.lastname@example.org Learn more about this Pathway to Justice on our website, click HERE
Get Involved with Local Action
Support our immigrant and Refugee Community
Join the Rapid Response Team and Build the Sanctuary Movement. Complete an Individual Supporter form
Remember that hosting a person for Sanctuary in your congregation is only one of the many ways that you can support undocumented and other targeted communities. For more ideas, check out these resources from UUSC and UUA.
Check out the resources on Come to an upcoming Event – see what’s happening by going to our Events Page
Share our weekly newsletter with your congregation and encourage people to sign up. This is the best way to stay informed about all of the current ways in which you can make a difference! SIGN UP HERE