UU Advocacy Day!!
When: Tue April 10, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: Arlington St. Church, 351 Boylston St., Boston (We leave for the State House at 1:00 PM)
Tickets are now on sale Early bird rate $25 through March 26th:
CLICK HERE for tickets
(Note, we’re only able to offer one ticket price this year. This is a has do to with the ticket platform and related fees. If a subsidized ticket will help you come to this event, please email email@example.com)
What the fee covers: Building use fee $600, lunch $12 per person, speaker honorariums, staff time and materials
Help make this event a success and register early! Why:
- To give us enough time to make legislative appointments for you
- To get the preparation materials to you before the event. This gives you a chance to understand the legislation and discuss it with others at your congregations.
This year our program will include:
- Music – Matt Meyer, Rhythm Revelations
- Spoken Word Poet – Anthony Thomas
- Keynote – Rev Elizabeth Nguyen, Senior Strategist -Side with Love, Witness Ministries in Multicultural growth and Witness
There are many important bills that need to pass this session. Most of the priority legislation will be climate bills, but we will also be advocating for the Safe Communities Act, Raise the Minimum Wage and Paid Family and Medical Leave.