Unitarian Universalist Massachusetts Action Network Inc. (UU Mass Action)
SALT Program Planning Coordinator Job Description
Job Posting Date: 6/28/13
Job Title: SALT Program Planning Coordinator
Reports to: UU Mass Action Executive Director
Purpose: Develop a sustainable plan for bringing the Spiritual Activist Leadership Training (SALT) program to Massachusetts and begin to implement that plan.
- Study the California SALT Fellowship and research other similar programs to inform the planning of the Massachusetts SALT Fellowship.
- Develop a sustainable funding plan for the program and begin to implement that plan. This will include reaching out to potential individual sustaining donors.
- Collaborate with interested partners such as the UU College of Social Justice to expand the platform of support and engagement.
- Create the curriculum for the Massachusetts SALT Fellowship using the California Fellowship as a model.
- Prepare to hire the inaugural SALT program staff and recruit the inaugural SALT program fellows.
- Coordinate the work of the Massachusetts SALT Fellowship planning team.
- Attend regular staff meetings as well as perform additional duties at the direction of the UU Mass Action Executive Director.
Qualifications: Experience with Unitarian Universalism and a commitment to social justice work is needed for this position. Experience in training and curriculum development preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who have experience in service / social justice fellowship programs like AmeriCorps, Jesuit Volunteers, the California SALT program or similar programs. It is also important that the SALT Planning Coordinator is comfortable with public speaking. Ability to work in a team but also able to be self-directed and prioritize tasks is also needed.
Benefits & Working Term:
- This is a 20-hour a week 10-month contract position that will run from September 2013 through June 2014 with a salary of $15,000 for that 10 month period. Paid Monthly.
- After 6-month probationary period UU Mass Action will match dollar for dollar up to 10% of their pay to the employees own retirement account.
- Flexible work-times and work location. Some time at the UU Mass Action offices at the First Church in Salem required but most of the work can be accomplished at home or at another work location.
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF formate to email@example.com. We will continue to accept applications until we fill the position.