Unitarian Universalist Massachusetts Action Network Inc. (UU Mass Action)
Office Administrator Job Description
Job Posting Date: 6/28/13
Job Title: Office Administrator
Reports to: UU Mass Action Executive Director
Purpose: Provide data management, basic bookkeeping, communications and other administrative support to help UU Mass Action fulfill its mission.
- Maintain the UU Mass Action database including adding new contacts, editing existing contacts, and producing contact reports.
- Support UU Mass Action fundraising efforts by entering donations into the database, mailing thank-you letters to donors, producing donor reports and supporting fundraising campaigns / Events.
- Support financial bookkeeping for UU Mass Action by processing incoming checks into both Quickbooks and donor database, collecting check requests, in putting recurring expenses into Quickbooks and printing checks to be signed by the UU Mass Action Treasurer and maintaining a Budget vs Actual report.
- Support UU Mass Action events by maintaining registration system, processing payments, and providing other logistical support before, during and after the event.
- Assist the UU Mass Action Executive Director in communications by editing documents and collecting announcements and other content for weekly e-newsletter.
- Attend regular staff meetings as well as perform additional duties at the direction of the UU Mass Action Executive Director.
Qualifications: At least 3 years experience as an administrative assistant including being computer proficient with the ability to work with MS Office Suite, Google Docs, Quickbooks and a basic donor database. Many of our systems our cloud based so a comfort level working with online services like Google Docs and similar systems is a must. Strong editing skills are also needed for this job. Ability to work in a team but also able to be self-directed and prioritize tasks is also needed. Interest in working in a social justice non-profit preferred.
Benefits & Working Term:
- $16.00 /Hr for an average of 15 to 20 hours a week (more hours might be needed around specific times of year like annual campaign and specific events. No more then 30 hours a week). Paid monthly.
- After 6-month probationary period UU Mass Action will match dollar for dollar up to 10% of their pay to the employees own retirement account.
- Flexible work-times and work location. Some time at the UU Mass Action offices at the First Church in Salem required but most of the work can be accomplished at home or at another work location.
Please email cover letter and resume in PDF formate to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to accept applications until we fill the position.